Tuesday 23 July 2013

Night Scene

I'm currently focussing on Sketchup to 3DS max workflows. Since doing this render I have further improved my rendering skills using Mental Ray on live projects in practice. I intend on applying them to visualisations of my own work soon. This image was produced some time ago, but due to high workload I haven't had time to finish the image and post it! There are some good tutorials on 3DS max on the following link http://www.youtube.com/user/3dsMaxHowTos 

In hindsight, the base render could have been much better, and I think I might revisit this render to improve it. It's far too dark to start with!!!

I could also have included the sky in the render and maybe some light pollution from the souk below. 

The image below is a result of a combination of sketchup exports and some post Photoshop work. I added a sky, added som colour overlays, applied a few textures and adjusted the levels. Pretty simple but much improved over the base render I feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment